Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Mild Winter

This winter has been very strange so far, here it is near the end of January and still no snow to speak of. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining I would prefer every winter to be like this one. I can't help but feel we will pay for all this somehow real soon, hope I am wrong.
I read a little on Greenhouse effect/ Global warming and how it has something or some feel everything to do with the change in the weather pattern throughout the world. It is amazing what some of the theory's are on this. The one that gives some of the best information is by Al Gore you can check it out on the link I set up at the top of this post click on the Title Mild Winter. There are so many that are for and against this subject and just what to do about it I find it hard to understand who is right and who is wrong? The fact is something must be done about this now or we will regret it.
So far this winter we may have gotten 1 inch of the white stuff

8 comments:

MsCarolM said...

Great pictures as always!

Here in NYC, we haven't even had an inch. We've had a few flakes this past week, but that's about it. I'm not complaining, though!

BOBBY said...

Yes...I agree with carol on the picture. Here in California the weather has been pretty weird also. Here I am in Southern California in Mid-January, walk outside in the AM on Friday last, and it's snowing!! Cold as all heck, and Friday is my regular fishing day. Global warming? yep..I think so.

MarkD60 said...

global warming I guess. They called for a wild hurricane season last year and it was mild.

MsCarolM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blogs. You're right - I haven't been to Disney World lately, and I'm going through withdrawal!!! :-)

I still have loads of Disney pictures from past trips to post, though!

Outerworlds said...

The strange pattern is partly due to El nigno this year, and partly to el goergio!

The weather is also very unusual here in Montreal.

Rashenbo said...

I live in Minnesota... we've actually had a pretty mild winter here as well.

Dustin said...

I'm sure it's global warming, in part. It's all been predicted by scientists, and it's only going to get worse, unfortunately, it seems.

Octavian said...

We had some snow here too, although it left very quickly. As for global warming, I suppose the American people feel there is no harm in milder winters. Surely winter in inconvienent after all?