Sunday, September 02, 2007

Dealing With Cancer

I have not posted these past few weeks like I planned due to an illness to the most important member of my family. The 1st week of Auguest my Fiancee found out she had lung cancer and was told to they had to schedule an operation a.s.a.p. and 2 weeks later on the 17th of Auguest she had 1/3 of her right lung removed and the Doctor informed us that they removed it all but had to send samples of the lung and Lymph nodes to a lab for more testing and she would find out the results in a few weeks when she has her 1st follow up appointment with the Doctor. I hope and pray that this is the extent of this and she will not have to endure anymore pain and suffering. I believe it is in GODS hands now. The thing that I find hard to understand is she was a smoker for over 40 years and quit 6 years ago and had been checked out each year by her Doctor and had been told she was healthy and her lungs looked and sounded good, and then the cancer just shows up. For now all we can do is wait and do everything that the Doctor says and go thru the healing process. I am planing to write more on this in the future after I do some research and learn more about this. Cancer is a really bad disease but they have come a long way in the past few years and it is no longer a death sentence. Please help me in your prayers if you can. Thank You and take care.

3 comments:

Octavian said...

I will keep you in my thoughts. Life often throws you unexpected events, its how you deal with them that counts.

Anonymous said...

Hope that you hear nothing but good news about your fiancee's her health. She's lucky to have you by her side.

Blather From Brooklyn

Anonymous said...

Hope God is with you thru this and everything will be alright. Dawn