Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chemo # 2

This post is to share information on what Chemo is all about and hopes that it may give someone help in the future. Friends Boutique Dana Farber Cancer Center Judy's 1st chemo was a tuff one to get thru the 1st 2days were ok but the 3rd day to the 12th were hell there were days when she just wanted to give up and say the Hell with this, but she hung in there and I am so glad she did. Day 13 thru to the 2oth were so so some days better than others but always the tiredness and fatigue and a weird tingling in the finger tips that never seems to go away. This effects picking things up and writing and is very aggravating, the Doctor said this may last months or could be permanent. Day 20 her hair started falling out big time this was expected but still a shock when it actually happened. A few days before the 2nd Chemo I took Judy into Boston to the Friends Boutique at the Dana Farber Cancer Center on the 9th floor and she was fitted for and picked out a wig and also picked up several bandannas and scarfs and a few hats, this turned out better than we expected because they had the perfect wig for her and we were in and out in no time at all . The Boutique has a great selection of hats to choose from. Day 21,- 9:00am the 2nd Chemo session started which took 5 1/2 hrs. and we set up an appointment with Judy's hairdresser and she had what was left of her hair cut off. I know how hard this was for her but she knew it was for the best and had to be done. Day 23 Judy started the day feeling feeling good this morning. I hope this is a good sign on how the rest of the day will be. I had to remind her that she is at the half way mark and has only 2 more sessions to go and her treatment is finished. I know it is easy for me to say because I am not the one going thru it. I can only hope and pray that it will maybe get a little easier for her from day to day. I want so much for this to be over and she can say in the end I am a survivor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your fiance and you are going through this. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

~Sandy G.

Terry said...

Dear Bill...Judy is such a brave soldier.
It is so far beyond me how her and Minerva can be so brave!
I am glad that she started the day out feeling good and I just hope that this will continue.
I am with Sandy...I will continue to pray for you and Judy and Minerva and her dear family..
Minerva sounded so good on her latest post and I went to the bolg of her new friend and it is juat something Bill!
So So many brave people that ARE survivors out there.
May the Lord bless you....from Terry

Struggling Parents said...

This is a heart felt post...;)

David Edward said...

God bless you Bill ( and Judy) as you give love and support, and keep your eye on the bright future that Jesus has won for us, by His sacrifice.

Terry said...

Dear Bill ...I just now saw you on David's blog and you know what you can have faith to believe that Judy can get cancer free with God's help. Just a while ago Arlene, who was very sick with cancer and a person that we have been praying for, for so long at the Pilgrim Pals is now free of the horrible disease.
Your friends from Minerva's blog will be praying for her too and also for you as you care for her!...Terry

PS..I am in agreeing with David in saying God Bless you, Bill and Judy!