Monday, June 12, 2006

The Whale Trail

Today I want to talk about an event that I hope everyone will enjoy. It is the Cape and Islands Whale Trail. It consists of 50 to 100 brightly colored whales 6 ft in length made from fiberglass. They will be skattered all around the Cape Cod area from May to October for everyone to enjoy. The presenting sponsor for the event is The Chatham Creative Arts Center and the educational sponsor is the International Fund For Animal Welfare. The purpose for the event is to celebrate the arts, and honor the area's whaling heritage and raise money for non profit organizations. A map was published providing the location of each whale. In the month of September, all the whales will be auctioned off to benefit charities chosen by the sponsor of each whale. I have set up a link as usual at the top of the post. Just click on the Title The Whale Trail and you can get the actual web page there you will have all the information in detail on the subject.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Very cool, I like the bottom one best, : ) I'd be following the whale trail if I was there!

xianfu said...

interesting blog here...It got me addicted on reading it.. Keep it up.. leave me some comment too at my blog InvernoKL wanna have ur words on it.. :p take care, xian

ps: nice pictures!!! Wish 2 travel to there

carrie said...

those are cool.

xianfu said...

hey, glad u like my blog too.. looking forward for ur blog updates.. be catching up...!!!..
cya.. happy father's day!!!

xian

Unknown said...

Isn't this the same place where some girls stole a whale and had it in their bed with a blanket over it? Or did I dream that...

Anonymous said...

Great blog - and you live in a really great place!

Misti said...

We have those in Dallas but they are replicas of the Pegasus that is on top of the Magnolia Hotel. Be thankful you don't live in Houston, because they have COWS all over the city. Painted cows... that's terrible...