Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sand Sculptors

This is the 1st place winner of 2006 event. This photo is the only one I did not take with my camera. I want to Thank Fitzy Snowman sculpting for permission to use this and to also share their link.
I wanted to finish the post I started last week with more photos of the sand sculptors and the results of the contest so here is what happened. The 2006 New England Sand Sculpting Invitational was a resounding success. Revere beach was transformed into a museum of sand displays. Sculptures will still be on display thru the end of the month, that is if they are not destroyed by the wind and rain we have been getting these past few days. All the master sand sculptors competed for over $15,000.00 in prize money as well as the coveted people's choice award. This event is truly one of New England's largest master sand sculpting competitions, featuring the most talented sculptors in the world. Sponsors reaped the benefits of their entire investment by receiving media coverage from such outlets as The Boston Globe, WHDH channel 7 and The New York Times as well as national attention from ABC's Good Morning America . They also receive exposure from the many spectators that attend this unique event. I have set up a link at the top of the post for more information and photos just click on the Sand Sculptors Title on top. Again we hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
This was the largest entry. Click on the link I provided to see the entire sculptor collection.
Don't know what place this entry came in.
The title of this is Junk Yard Dog
This entry took 5th place in the contest

14 comments:

Ben said...

We had a similar event the same weekend in Marblehead. Absolutely amazing. We just moved here, so I didnt know it was happening until we arrived at the beach. Next year, I'm bringing a camera.

Anonymous said...

They're all good, but I really like the winner!

Michele said...

I can see why the winner won,
that's really cool.I couldn't
be in the sun that long to
create anything.

Anonymous said...

They are just amazing. I saw some here in The Netherlands last year. People sure do have some magnificent talent!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

I love the first one ^_^

Its Me! said...

very nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Truly amazing artwork. It must have been a fantastic experience to view all all these sand sculptors in person. I'm a bit of a romantic, so I took a liking to the 5th place winner. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Over 40 said...

It is amazing what they can do with sand. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Hello

I really enjoyed reading your blog. I always look for blogs with great content like this one. in fact, if i were you i would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. well, i look forward to all the updates. thanks again'

Jessica

MsCarolM said...

Those are awesome, as are the photos! Love the first place winner!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such talent! Kinda blows my "overturned bucket at mold" attempts right outta the water.

MsCarolM said...

I just blogged about your blog on my blog:-) As for how I manage to keep up with 3, it's easy - 2 of them only get updated sporadically.

Oliviah said...

I don't see the link you posted that shows all of the sand sculptures. Can you tell me where to find it? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Je le rebord a du sable dans ma valise de San Juan.

K