Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bass Hole Boardwalk

Today I decided to go to a place called the Bass Hole Boardwalk for a long walk to exercise and breathe some good fresh ocean air. My fiancee showed me this beautiful place a few years ago and I have been coming here ever since. For those who don't know were it is located, you can find it in the town of Yarmouthport off of Rt. 6A to Grey's beach. The view of the water and marsh land together is really a site to see. The boardwalk is 868 Ft. long and if you walk up and back three times it will equal one mile. Also when you look down into the water you can see small fish and some fiddler and horseshoe crab. I took a few pictures so you could get some idea of just how great the view is. It's a good place to take the whole family for the day. There is a large picnic area and a trail to explorer were you may see the Osprey nesting in the large nest in the middle of the marsh. I consider this to be a place were you can capture a view with an everlasting memory. It is a must see when you are in the area.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful place, I must admit! The view is perfect! But, alas, I don't have a place like that (or similar) near me... :(

Unknown said...

Hi burex,
Yes Cape Cod Ma is a very beautiful place to live or visit I love it here. Maybe some time you will get a chance to see it for yourself at least I hope you do Billy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encounragement Billy! Maybe I will get a chance to visit Cape Cod one day... But as for now, it can only exist as my wallapper on my desktop :)
Cheers!

Woodie said...

Hi Billy,

I really enjoyed your site. I have been to the Cape 3 times in the summer, but I've always wanted to do it in the winter. Your pictures might help me get there if I can ever find the time.

Please check out my Woodie's site, maybe you would like to cross-link to it. ww.dorfindaze.blogspot.com I think they have the same type of warmth. You're the first blog we've asked.

If you like it, maybe you could invite us to Blog Mad. Here's hoping. Woodie would love it.

Thanks,
Woodie's Papa

Maritza said...

What a beautiful place!

Unknown said...

Hi maritza, It is a great place if one doesn't mind the weather changes, spring and summer are best, fall and winter can be very hard to get used to. Good to hear from you I checked out your blog and think it is outstanding keep it going. How is New Jersey? Billy